naelany: (Default)
[personal profile] naelany
*blinks* I knit with acrylics, and neither cat bats an eye. I start knitting with the wool, and they both start acting funny and are trying to get at it. I just caught Arwen trying to open my yarn drawer for pity's sake! *rolls eyes*

Date: 2005-08-05 06:36 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rhiannontherose.livejournal.com
Well yah...'cuz your yarn smells like animal, now. Cats aren't excited by the smell of plastic. They can't, in general, eat it. ;-) It's a throwback primal thing.

Date: 2005-08-05 06:52 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] crafty-kat.livejournal.com
I suppose. Though I would argue that I've seen cats go nuts over anything that remotely resembles yarn of any kind, be it acrylics, wool or otherwise.

Date: 2005-08-05 01:46 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rhiannontherose.livejournal.com
Well..I think that's just because of yarn's capacity for making a mess. Another primal cat thing particular to domesticated cats, oddly enough. Heehee. Obviously, Arwen and Pippin are more interested in interfering with your typing to me, than making a mess...unless the mess smells funny. Hehee.

Date: 2005-08-05 07:45 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] crafty-kat.livejournal.com
Aye, that they are. Because when I'm sitting here typing, that means I (in their eyes) have ample opportunity for paying them 'tentions ^_~

Date: 2005-08-05 07:53 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] yarnpirate.livejournal.com
It's the lanolin. Cats are nuts for it. Make sure to keep it safe from them - yarn + Kitty intestines = big vet bill.

Date: 2005-08-05 07:55 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] crafty-kat.livejournal.com
Ohhh, believe me, I know. They've been scolded every time they go near it. I've resolved to put the computer chair (fairly heavy) square infront of the drawer when I'm not in the room. That way at least she won't be able to open it up.

Profile

naelany: (Default)
naelany

April 2017

S M T W T F S
      1
2345 678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 2nd, 2026 08:26 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios